24 Dec 2013
Getting in the #GoodDeeds.
Well Christmas is most definitely upon us, I'm very thankful for a couple of days off. Apparently yesterday was the busiest day of the year for supermarkets but I braved it anyway, it wasn't too bad. I had tons to do so I woke up at 6:30am and got stuff done, it was quite satisfying really. How did everything go with you?
It's been a couple of weeks since I set myself some seasonal #GoodDeeds, as a part of Coca-Cola's Christmas campaign, so I thought I'd give you an update on how I've been getting on. To recap, Coca-Cola invited us to spread some joy this Christmas by thinking about small deeds we can do within our local communities. Small things which can make a big difference. You can follow everyone's progress by using the hashtag #GoodDeeds on social media.
So how did we get on?
Out of seven of original ideas we managed to complete three (and a half!).
- Donate time to a local food bank - I even made it onto the front of the local paper!
- Make handmade Christmas Cards for friends, family and neighbors - Signed, sealed and delivered.
- Create Christmas parcels for elderly neighbors - This one will become a regular thing, for sure.
- Bake mince pies for the neighbors - This is the half, I wimped out and just bought some.
- Take time out to listen to the Salvation Army Brass Band and donate - We didn't come across a band this year but this one can be on-going throughout the holiday season.
Overall I was pleased with how we got on but we can definitely do better next year. The rest of the #GoodDeeds are still very much achievable over the next few days so hopefully we can tick a few of them off the list.
How have you been getting into the holiday spirit this year, are you planning any Christmas #GoodDeeds? I'd love to hear about them. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!