The classic Brothel Creeper has been around for an absolute age, pioneered in World War 2 by the English troops. The shoes were adapted by the soldiers becasue they were so hard wearing and fitting for the environment. When the war was over the style soon found its way to the streets and clubs around England. With their uniform of 14 cm wide drainpipe trousers, brightly coloured socks, velvet trimmed drape coats, bootlace ties and immaculately tamed slicked hair the Teddy Boy's of the 1950s were a true underground revolution. Those guys were pretty fearsome, many were know to hang around in large groups, some carrying flick knifes, . You wouldn't have wanted to run into them in a dark alley.
Mondo Low creepers in white & black
Creepers fell out of favour with the British as other street trend evolved but they have never really gone away, always a shoe that is bubbling under the limelight and never really going mainstream. A firm favourite on the catwalk throughout the years, the crepe sole shoes always seem to be a staple for the fashion designers looking for something a bit more robust and punk. You may remember my post on Ziad Ghanem’s show at London Fashion Week a couple of weeks back and for ever featuring in editorials and popping up on fellow blogger's wish lists.
Now I have always been a huge fan of creepers and when the good at T.U.K offered me a pair to give away for one of my readers I jumped at the chance.
Rules of the competition:
- All you have to do to be entered for the competition is tell me how thick the sole of the MONDO LO creepers is (Pictured above). Find the answer HERE at the T.U.K's official blog.
- Send the answer in a comment to the post, in cm's with your name and email address
- The competition is open worldwide and shoe sizes ranging from uk 2 - 12
- The Winner will be drawn out of a hat at random and will be able to pick which colour creepers they want from the two pictured in this post.
- The competition will run for one month, ending 3rd November.
So there we go, I wish I could have them myself!
Any finally, good luck!